Saturday, February 28, 2009

oh, radiator hiss

I will miss the cozy sssssssss of the radiators in a month or two, when they fade away. I will miss the steam on the storm windows and the pale daylight. Of course (of course) I will welcome the spring, throwing the windows open and putting on flouncy skirts and wandering outside on purpose. But for now I'm working on being thankful for right now, because I know I will miss it. These seasons slip by me so that no matter how alert I hold myself, waiting to detect the change, I always recognize it after the fact.

Today is the last day of February. I have been missing my grandma for two full months. Today is also the first day of my "spring break." Je vais etudier le francais, parce que je prendrai un(e?) examen ... soon. Is that future tense so wrong? Does one prendre an exam, or does one do something else to it?

Dear me.

No comments:

Post a Comment