Friday, April 17, 2009

it's that time again

High on ideas, slightly jittery from many, many cups of tea, and relishing the texture of melting reeses pieces on my tongue -- I'm writing papers! Only the very strange part is that this is the last time. This is the last semester of my life that will ever end with three 20-page papers due within the span of a week. Granted, what comes next is harder; after that, I get to grade hundreds of pages of prose at the end of a term rather than writing my own. But it will be different. This is the last time for this structure.

Unless I go back for that M.A. in theology.

But really, this is it. How do I savor it? How do I appreciate it enough, with its tortilla-chip madness, three-highlighter-color organization, tumbling piles and lukewam coffee and cheap fried rice? How do I make myself feel it enough so that come next December, when I miss it, I will have the memories?

No comments:

Post a Comment