Friday, October 8, 2010

five-sense Friday

Today I am ...

seeing: blue sky, sunshine, slight quiver of a curtain with the window cracked, blue ink, full appointment book, snatches of grace and joy

hearing: clock tick, Josh's very good questions, computer hum

smelling: J's toast, my own hair conditioner, old books' pages, autumn

tasting: strong black tea, cinnamon cereal and milk, melon lip balm

feeling: sweaters, tights, scarves, shoes, throw blankets, good.

It's the time of year where we cuddle in. I know it's been warm this week, but I feel nesting impulses: to clean out the closet, to bake apple cakes and muffins and bread, to roast root vegetables, to crochet a blanket, to light all the candles, to sleep early and late.

I should also probably dust.

No comments:

Post a Comment