Tuesday, November 2, 2010

gratitude project: 1.11.10

 
For years I have spent the month of November carrying around a notebook and asking people to write lists in it of things for which they are thankful. The pages and pages of entries trace my friendships and locations and patterns of thought over the more-than-decade I've been nudging folks to contribute and putting my own pen to paper.

This year, I've decided to make a three-point gratitude list part of my daily practice through the month of November. Faced with the long loneliness of dissertation writing, insecurity about a very uncertain future, and numerous other very real sorrows, I feel even more strongly the need to open my eyes to the gifts that surround me. So I've pulled out the old notebook I used in high school and college, and I will be scanning my lists and uploading them here.

If you'd like to play along with the Gratitude Project, I'd love to link to your blog or post scans or photos or text you send my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment