Friday, September 9, 2011

five-sense Friday

Amazingly enough, I am back again, hemmed in by mountains and quieted by cool breezes. Over the past days, though, I've been...

seeing: precious, precious friends and places; eagles stretched across the sky; waves on large bodies of water; clouds, from above

smelling: a babygirl's sweet presence in my arms, morning coffee made by someone else, the coriander-familiar scent of the landscaping on campus, the contrast between city and country

hearing: the voices of dear friends, and their laughter, and their honesty; the hard words of committee members advising revisions; a new friend on my last flight singing "Bloom Where You're Planted" to me with all the wisdom of 50 years as a military wife

feeling: everso hot, and then chilled; delighted to see people I love, the weight of a little boy on my lap as we color, my stomach lurch with takeoffs and landings

tasting: a fresh crop of apples; Dunkin Donuts and a pumpkin spice latte; chocolate; popcorn with cheese (how could I not?)

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're safely home though it's distance is greater than your travels were.

    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete