Friday, January 20, 2012

Five-Sense Friday



Today I'm....

hearing: the voice of a dear friend on the phone while I put on my socks; Sufjan Stevens ("For the Widows in Paradise, for the Fatherless in Ypsilanti"--I grew up going to church in Ypsi)

smelling: coffee; soap; cold

tasting: coffee

feeling: like I should probably eat some food, too, to avoid the caffeine/nerve shakes that chase me around in this strange season of life; slight anxiety about looming deadlines but also quietly confident in the work I am doing; so thankful for a soft brown sweater on my arms

seeing: the mess of my work area (a desk, a floor, an ironing board covered in books and folders and notes); the brightness of my screen; the bare trees outside my window stretching up toward a rippling blue-cloud-blue sky

No comments:

Post a Comment