Friday, September 14, 2012

five-sense Friday

I've had a cold this week. I have resisted this cold. It has caused me to cancel a few engagements to spend evenings curled up on the couch (1) watching the final episodes of NewsRadio, (2) re-reading Pilgrim at Tinker Creek, (3) doing sudoku puzzles in blue ballpoint ink, and (4) reading fiction (The Weeping Chair by Donald Ward, Oranges are Not the Only Fruit by Jeanette Winterson). Today I am feeling sneezy but so glad for those couch-bound nights. I'm also...

seeing: a stack of cardstock and permanent markers for my students to make into name cards for their desks--I do want to learn those names!; a Ginger Gold apple and Bartlett pear, plus two garden tomatoes from a colleague, lined up on my desk

tasting: staff kitchen coffee cut fifty-fifty with hot water, plus cream; peppermint lip balm on my dry lips

smelling: not much, to be honest, apart from lotion on my chapped nose

hearing: laughter in the hall, J's voice on the phone

feeling: autumn-like chill with summery sunshine on my skin; ready

No comments:

Post a Comment