Wednesday, February 6, 2008

flash

Either we have lightning in the snowstorm or one of my across-the-courtyard neighbors is taking photos of the snow.

I keep meandering back and forth between hope that tonight's class will be canceled and desire to dash to campus and hear what everyone has to say about The Grandissimes. Welcome to my life.

It's Ash Wednesday. I'm antsy rather than contemplative, jolting up out of my seat and away from my desk at odd intervals to tidy up a corner or flop on the bed or get a drink of water. I keep hoping to think about brokenness and the need for Christ's painful journey to the cross, but my gaze drifts to the wildly dancing flakes. I could make a tidy and pithy connection between the two, but for now I'll just say that we're all full of pleadings and tensions, or at least I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment