Wednesday, April 23, 2008

true confessions

In preparation for these weeks of finals--and because there was a sale at Target--I bought a family-sized bag of Cheetos last weekend. A family sized bag of those knobby little orange treats contains 22 servings (a serving size is 21 pieces, I'm assuming of varied size). It has been four days since we purchased this bag, and half the Cheetos are gone.

I really can't help it. I go into the kitchen to get a glass of water and remember the crinkly orange bag. So I fill a white bowl with a reasonable amount--I don't count them or anything (Josh makes fun of me for measuring out 3/4 cup of Trader Joe's granola, but granola is calorically dense, and this granola is so good, I really want to make it last)--and put away the bag. The problem is that they're so delicious (it's the flavor and the texture, you know?) that I end up craving another bowlful later in the day. Or later in the fifteen minutes.

Do you have any foods that hold such power over you?

3 comments:

  1. Tom caught me eating Cheetos several days in a row while I was studying . He told me that I have to stop. He just doesn't understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have any foods that hold such power over you?

    Umm... pretty much any food. :)

    But seriously... the "food" for me is Dr. Pepper. And chips and salsa. And those two (three) things are a REALLY dangerous combination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 22 servings X 21 cheetos per serving = 462 cheetos. nuf said.

    ReplyDelete