Thursday, January 8, 2009

a good kind of day

I'm sitting on the living room floor next to the radiator feeling my hair dry and keep falling over my face as it does so. It's that kind of morning -- a catching up with emails, getting back into work responsibilities, jotting lots of notes in my planner morning. And I'm loving it.

This has been a week of domestic achievements: four loads of laundry, baking soda/vinegar/boiling water bathtub drain fixing, cleaning out yet another closet, catching up on holiday cards, drinking dozens of cups of tea, and having meals with friends. Plus reading. I'm reading Toni Morrison's newest novel, A Mercy, and Madeleine L'Engle's The Irrational Season, and some N.T. Wright, plus starting research for an independent study on women writers and Christianity. The notebooks are fresh, the pencils are sharpened, and the snow reflects sunlight like nothing else.

No comments:

Post a Comment